The National University of Theatre and Film ”I.L. Caragiale” (UNATC) Bucharest is organized into Faculty of Theatre and Faculty of Film. As the only Romanian institution of higher education in this field, UNATC assumes the role of preparing future artists in theatre and film at a high professional level, through its BA, MA and PhD programs. Students are trained by professionals in performing arts, film and related areas thereof – media, multimedia, artistic pedagogy, cultural marketing and management.
Theatre Faculty has a structure of 309 BA degree and 146 MA degree, 73 permanent teachers and 39 in part-time, 81 PhDs and 5 PhD Coordinators. The UNATC Theatre Faculty is member of ELIA. The professors of the Theatre Faculty are also members in various professional organizations, such as UNITER, AICT, UNIMA. Theatre Faculty has 6 Bachelor’s Degrees and 11 Master’s Degrees.
Some of the most significant tech systems at CINETic include:
• CAVE CIN—an automatic virtual environment with immersive stereoscopy projection system on four screens and multiple interaction tools;
• motion capture system with infrared cameras and facial motion capture system;
• motion analysis system with high speed video cameras;
• motion control systems for the control of camera movements in robotic regime;
• full 3D production flow for cinematography, animation and sets, with Alexa SXT, Red Dragon, with spherical and anamorphic optics;
• production tools including 3D printing and CNC router;
• various physiological data collection systems (eye tracking, GSR, ECG, EMG etc.) and high density electroencephalography (EEG) with 256 channels.
CINETic’s mission is to develop knowledge and innovate at interna¬tional level in the fields of performing arts and film, as well as in the fields that lead to their growth and transformation. The knowledge acquired in theatre and film is expanded through research and innova¬tion, within interdisciplinary projects that bring together art, science and technology.