RISEBA University of Applied Sciences is a university type private higher educational institution fully accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia.
Being one of the first private higher education institutions in Latvia, today RISEBA is among 10 largest higher education institutions in Latvia (both public and private) with almost 3000 students, including 200 international students, who attend 20 study programmes of different levels and directions, and more than 9000 alumni.
RISEBA provides programmes which are either unique in the market or were first introduced to the market by RISEBA. It is one of the few institutions that offers full degree programmes in three languages – Latvian, English and Russian.
Guided by its vision RISEBA comprises three major academic components or schools:
• School of Business with Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes, which cover the areas of business, management and economics
• School of Media and Communication with Bachelor and Master programmes in arts and communications
• School of Architecture and Design, which currently offers a Bachelor programme in Architecture.
Within business and economics, art, communication and architecture sciences, research is carried out in a number of different fields, like:
• Strategic management
• Public management
• Strategic Business IT
• Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship
• Economics, Finance and Banking
• Innovation Management, Creativity and Innovation
• Business Ethics, Sustainability
• Human Resource Development Research Into Creative Industries
• Architecture in transition towards new hybrid urban typologies
• Social media, marketing, public relations and communication
• Transformation of modern cinema language audio-visual industry in transition